( l ) Warrant to APA|NY that they have created and own the work submitted (including all elements of the work) and that nothing within any work has been copied or added from another person’s work.
( ll ) Warrant that the whole copyright and any other form of intellectual property right in the work is vested in them.
( lll ) Warrant that they have not in any way assigned, licensed, disposed of, or otherwise encumbered any of their rights which allow them to deal freely with the work and the copyright therein. Warrant that they have obtained model or property releases, from any persons & / or property owners requiring such, featured in their submitted photographs allowing publication in any and all media forms.
( lV ) Acknowledge that APA|NY relies fully upon the warranties and license given by Entrants when submitting their entries for consideration to the 2013 APA|NY photo contest. Entrants indemnify and hold APA|NY harmless from any claims, actions, proceedings costs and expenses arising as a result of any allegation that the relevant Entrant did not own or is not wholly entitled and authorized to allow publication and reproduction of the work by APA|NY.
( V ) APA|NY reserves the right to disqualify any winner not providing the required personal information, headshot and / or winning image in the requested file format and size within two weeks of APA|NY’s request, via the contact information supplied by the entrant. If submitting a series, winner may be required to select a single image from the series to be used in promotional materials. Replacement winners will be selected at the judge’s discretion.
( Vl ) Entrants retain full copyright to their images and grant no usage to APA|NY other that those granted herein.
(VII) Prizes will be awarded by participating sponsors, and APA|NY does not accept responsibility or warrant any product being delivered by a sponsor.
CONSENT AGREEMENT Submitted materials will not be returned. APA|NY is not responsible for the loss or damage of any entry. Submission of an entry to the contest automatically constitutes the contestant’s acceptance of all conditions set forth in the above rules. It also acknowledges the right of APA|NY to use the photographer’s likeness and information, as well as the winning images, in exhibitions and promotions, in any and all forms of print, electronic and digital media, related to the APA|NY photo contests contest for up to 24 months following the 2013 Contest Winner’s Event.
- Only digital images are accepted through our online submission process.
- All files (single + series entries) must be jpegs, no smaller than 1024 pixels on the longest side and at most 4000 pixels, 72 dpi, sRGB color profile, with no visible identifying text/symbols
- A single image entry is one image.
- A series entry is up to three images that relate and are combined onto one canvas with a black background.
- There is no limit on the number of single or series entries submitted.
- Submitting the same image or series to multiple categories is not permitted.
- All images or series must be assigned to a category.
- Neither APA|NY nor any contest sponsors, shall not be liable for any errors, loss of, or damage to, any of the entries.
- The early bird deadline is Monday, May 20, 2013 midnight EST.
- The final deadline is Monday, June 24, 2013 midnight EST.
- This contest is open to anyone in the US or abroad.
- You do not need to be an APA member to enter the contest, but members receive a discount on entry fees.
- Anyone claiming APA membership must be current in their dues at the time of entry and when winners are announced.
- A Professional Photographer is anyone actively engaged in the business of photography.
- An Assistant is a photographer not yet earning income from creating or licensing photographs, or promoting themselves as a photographer
- A Student is a Full or Part-Time student studying photography at the high school or college level and will be asked to provide proof of student status.
- APA|NY Board members are not eligible to enter the 2013 Photo Contest.
- Prizes will be awarded to the overall Grand Prize Winner as well as First-Place winners in the Assistant and Student categories. First, Second, and Third place winners will be announced in all professional categories, as well as Assistant and Student categories.
- Entry Fees are not refundable.
- Winners will be announced on or around August 1, 2013. (TBC)
- Judging is a blind process. Photographer’s names will only be disclosed to the jurors after the judging process has been completed.
- Images will be judged on the following: creative vision, concept, and technical execution.
- Judging will be done in two stages: online and independently by each judge, then a final round in-person by majority vote.
- The decisions of the jurors of the contest are final and no discussion or correspondence can be entered into on their decision.